March 7, 2022
Raise the STOKE! Sign up today
Entries Open for Take Care of Your Trails 2022
April 22nd – June 4th
Tell your friends, invite your neighbours, bring your partner children and dogs along to your local #TCoYT trail maintenance and clean up event.
The 2022 campaign will officially start on the 22nd April (Earth day- “preserve and protect our health, our families, our livelihoods”) and finish off with a bang at our 10th anniversary Summit in Val di Sole on June 4th.
RAISE THE STOKE- PROTECT AND PRESERVE
As the heading suggests, in 2022 we are raising the stoke by going bigger and better with our goals and ambitions. Over the years, what was initially a friendly competition, has grown into a community movement of passionate and dedicated trail crews contributing countless volunteer hours to preserve their local trails and natural environment. The objectives of the TCoYT campaign since its inception in 2017- the brainchild of Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland- has been to promote trail stewardship, improve the image of our sport, recognise the work of many MTB volunteers, and encourage new or strengthen existing partnerships to protect the places we love to ride.
This is a campaign we can all be proud of and believe that there is a great opportunity for capacity building within our member organizations. Trail maintenance across Europe is largely on a volunteer basis which means without the volunteers and trail associations, we would not have the trail networks we have today. TCoYT is a means to recruit new volunteers, and raise the stoke level in getting involved in such maintenance events. That’s why this year we are setting ourselves some extra goals and ambitions for the campaign outside of the typical ‘competition’ aspect.
OUR VISION AND GOALS FOR 2022
Maintain. Protect. Preserve
- PROTECT & PRESERVE – Protect and preserve the natural environments that we are privileged to enjoy.
- RESPECT- Respect other trail users, land & park managers, and the environment
- MAINTAIN- Maintain and preserve the trails we already have
- SHARE- Share the trails with others. Be inclusive within the community.
- Better community engagement – promoting and encouraging crews to connect with a more diverse audience; being more inclusive in volunteer recruitment
- Providing better support to crews with lack of infrastructure and volunteer base
- Assisting crews in building better relationships with their local park and land managers
- Better education and promotion of trail crew lead conservation efforts- the importance of environmental awareness in the places we love to ride.
– “Outstanding trail crews –This award takes into consideration the crews that are creating positive change in their community through…
- Being inclusive in their volunteer recruitment
- Organizing regular trail maintenance days throughout the year
- Communicating and engaging well with their local community & local stakeholders
- Spreading positive ride vibes
– “Most Outstanding National Mountain Bike Association ” award emphasizes the importance of national trail associations and their created impact on their communities and trail networks.
– “Protect and preserve award”- is awarded based on the best community led conservation idea/proposal from a trail crew or association.
– “Trail advocate of the year award” rewards the individual who goes above and beyond for their local trails and association. This award is given to an individual who has distinguished themselves in hours and service to trail maintenance during the past year.
To sign up for this year’s campaign, head over to the ‘Take action’ page